Hi all! Are you ready to gather your supplies? Here’s what you’ll need.
First grab your pattern. You can see the list of supplies on the back envelope. If you ordered the PDF version, this info is all the first few pages of your file. (You can also find most of this information on the Charm Patterns website.) Don’t forget to use the code JANESEWALONG to get 15% off your pattern until Tuesday, March 18th!
Here’s the official supply list, with some info added.
- About 1/2 yard (0.5 m) stretch knit/tricot fusible interfacing. You can get tricot at most chain fabric stores. I also really love this knit interfacing.
- Thread. All-purpose poly thread is perfect for this project.
- 3/8-inch-wide (1.0 cm) lingerie elastic (also called picot edge elastic or lace elastic). This is the kind with the scalloped edge.
- 1/2 yard (0.4 m) of 1/2-inch-wide (1.3 cm) bone casing or bias tape. I use this bone casing. You can also substitute 1/2″ wide bias tape.
- 1-1/2 yards (1.3 m) of 1/4-inch-wide (6.3 mm) spiral steel boning. Please check out my super handy list of resources on where to buy spiral steel boning, categorized by country.
- Metal cutters. These are my favorite; they cut steel boning super easily and smoothly.
- Boning tips or Teflon tape. Teflon tape (aka plumbing tape, available at any hardware supply store) is my favorite supply for covering the cut ends of steel boning.
- Pliers (if using boning tips)
- 3/4-inch-wide (1.9 cm) elastic for the back neckline.
- 14-inch (35.5 cm) zipper
- Two 5/8-inch buttons for halter strap
- Four 1/2-inch buttons for shoulder straps
- Three 1/2-inch buttons for V-neck straps
Please let me know if you have any questions about supplies! And don’t forget to check out the fabric recommendations post I made on Monday. And hey, why not share your fabric choices on the Facebook Group? I can’t wait to see what you’ve chosen for your Jane Set!